Wretched-WoW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A discussion on removal of PvP at AC

+8
Tatertot
Softserve
gboisen
-Trill
Boo1337
dik7
itburnz
12 posters

Go down

Is the removal of PVP in AC a good move?

A discussion on removal of PvP at AC I_vote_lcap29%A discussion on removal of PvP at AC I_vote_rcap 29% 
[ 5 ]
A discussion on removal of PvP at AC I_vote_lcap71%A discussion on removal of PvP at AC I_vote_rcap 71% 
[ 12 ]

Total Votes : 17

A discussion on removal of PvP at AC Empty A discussion on removal of PvP at AC

Post by itburnz Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:09 am

After the current removal of PvP from Azshara Crater and the various debates after it i feel we should have a discussion about PvP in general here and what we think of the changes.

I understand alot of the PvP communities frustration with the change but lets please try and have a proper thread about this rather than "this is wrong because i said so".

I dont think there is any right answer, and in a way its nice to see people passionate about the aspects of a server. PvP PvE etc.

I tried to make the title impartial. i shall state my view in another post.

Discuss away...

Voting included for an 'at a glace' view of option

itburnz

Back to top Go down

A discussion on removal of PvP at AC Empty Re: A discussion on removal of PvP at AC

Post by dik7 Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:12 am

Look at the guys post about getting ganked and his raid falling apart that is all 1 i repeat ONE!! persons opinion being taken into affect. Not 2 posts about it not 3 not 4 but ONE. when that admin told me its not just 1 person cry to change something that was wrong.

dik7

Back to top Go down

A discussion on removal of PvP at AC Empty Re: A discussion on removal of PvP at AC

Post by Boo1337 Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:14 am

Read my post, it's not a good move at all. If they can that much of having pve people having a good time put that shit in a real raid like ICC and have bosses drop the gear, AC is a world pvp area, no reason not to have pvping enabled there. If anything Hillsbrad shouldn't be the malls AC should be the only mall and a Global PVP MALL.

Boo1337

Back to top Go down

Post by itburnz Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:25 am

So...my point of view.

So you probably know i mainly PvE, i find it to be more enjoyable in WoW than PvP, although i dont mind a drawn out AV or a close WSG.

So, do i think the removal is a good idea?

From previous experience with servers, there tend to be two demographics. 1 is PVP/Arena 1 is PvE/Raiding. Now im not saying these dont mix, alot of the times PvPers are also amung the best PvEers.

The PvPers want world pvp, battlegroups consistantly and decent PvP gear.

The PvEers want a good progression path, difficult yet straightforward raids and access to more PvE content.

With the server currently growing as it is, we are currently in an odd phase, where we want new players to stay and be interested, while still keeping the veterans around with something to do.

AC PvP removal does two things, for PvEers and new players looking to gear up, its a good change.

Easier access to bosses and ability to farm T2 unhindered (unless you gear doesnt drop (sorry Leo!.)

But for PvP this change kills alot of the potential off. While hillsbrad is a good idea for a PvP zone, it lacks content to keep people in the zone and therefore a possible PvP target.

So....what would i change?

First, we have to figure a way of incentivising PvP, either through BGs (adding tokens for S2 for instance or a daily for some other reward.)
Or make the middle of hillsbrad a more attractive centre.  (Adding other mobs with better loot or more quests.)

Second, We have to attempt to engage in working with both demographics. PvEers, go to WSG sometimes! PVPers come help a group needing DPS in AC!

Third, We are a community guys. We are all investing time here...lets not make it a waste?

TL;DR Add more PvP incentives for BGs, More reasons to stay in Hillsbrad make AC more of a gearing/quest hub.

itburnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Boo1337 Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:27 am

I agree with what you mean make doing bgs more rewarding or make hillsbrad a reason to pvp in, etc.

Boo1337

Back to top Go down

Post by -Trill Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:37 am

itburnz wrote:So...my point of view.

So you probably know i mainly PvE, i find it to be more enjoyable in WoW than PvP, although i dont mind a drawn out AV or a close WSG.

So, do i think the removal is a good idea?

From previous experience with servers, there tend to be two demographics. 1 is PVP/Arena 1 is PvE/Raiding. Now im not saying these dont mix, alot of the times PvPers are also amung the best PvEers.

The PvPers want world pvp, battlegroups consistantly and decent PvP gear.

The PvEers want a good progression path, difficult yet straightforward raids and access to more PvE content.

With the server currently growing as it is, we are currently in an odd phase, where we want new players to stay and be interested, while still keeping the veterans around with something to do.

AC PvP removal does two things, for PvEers and new players looking to gear up, its a good change.

Easier access to bosses and ability to farm T2 unhindered (unless you gear doesnt drop (sorry Leo!.)

But for PvP this change kills alot of the potential off. While hillsbrad is a good idea for a PvP zone, it lacks content to keep people in the zone and therefore a possible PvP target.

So....what would i change?

First, we have to figure a way of incentivising PvP, either through BGs (adding tokens for S2 for instance or a daily for some other reward.)
Or make the middle of hillsbrad a more attractive centre.  (Adding other mobs with better loot or more quests.)

Second, We have to attempt to engage in working with both demographics. PvEers, go to WSG sometimes! PVPers come help a group needing DPS in AC!

Third, We are a community guys. We are all investing time here...lets not make it a waste?

TL;DR Add more PvP incentives for BGs, More reasons to stay in Hillsbrad make AC more of a gearing/quest hub.

Nah you have some good points, but you also need to understand us raiders, we can't just go kill guards to get our tokens for our gear. WE HAVE TO FIGHT BOSSES, with 11m hp. It just gets annoying getting a BOSS to half health and then getting wiped due to a group of virgins.

Hillsbrad has all the incentives a pvper could ask for, once again their is a world boss in hillsbrad, pvers don't have a world boss with 3m hp to drop our weapons, we have to kill McCrick ( Karr also drops a mount and tokens for their s2 pieces ). There are also the eggs that drop a mount, the guards drop tokens the pvpers can farm to get their gear. Us as raiders ONLY have AC for t2, we can't farm for t2 or anything, the only other thing we can do to obtain our upgrades is to donate real life money for it.

Basically, pvp gear is farmable in a PVP zone.
Pve gear isn't farmable and forced to do bosses in a PVP zone.

This is the way it should be, pvpers have Hillsbrad to pvp in.

-Trill

Back to top Go down

Post by gboisen Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:17 am

No one on here pvps so it doesnt matter

gboisen

Back to top Go down

Post by Logged Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:46 am

I didn't bother reading any of the previous comments on the topic. I'm just going to put my opinion out there and move on. Currently the server seems to be lacking in PvP areas. And keeping AC a PvP zone at least kept some action going. However, I can understand the Pver's side. I just don't care. At all. PvP is apart of the game, you need to learn to deal with it. Think of it as another mechanic to deal with during your tank n spank world bosses rooofl.

Back to top Go down

Post by Softserve Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:39 am

Logged wrote:I didn't bother reading any of the previous comments on the topic. I'm just going to put my opinion out there and move on. Currently the server seems to be lacking in PvP areas. And keeping AC a PvP zone at least kept some action going. However, I can understand the Pver's side. I just don't care. At all. PvP is apart of the game, you need to learn to deal with it. Think of it as another mechanic to deal with during your tank n spank world bosses rooofl.

The pvp enabled AC reminds me of all the old world bosses before they were removed. Being able to complete mechanics all while keeping one eye out for rogues or hunters trying to wipe you. But at the same time with such a low pop i can understand why people may not have favored the idea so much.
Softserve
Softserve
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Tatertot Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:24 pm

I believe if you removed the PvP aspect of AC you would find that PvPers would lack things to do. As of right now the only other PvP area would be Hillsbrad and while it has some small incentives to PvP, it really isn't enough for what PvPers want. BGs are hard to organize as of right now so the only way to PvP is in Hillsbrad and AC. If there was an addition to the PvP content on the server I would have no problem with removing PvP in AC, however, I feel like with the current state of the server, it would be a bad idea.
Tatertot
Tatertot

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaper Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:29 pm

If everyone would stop complaining and spent time trying to do BGs...it would be better
Reaper
Reaper
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Upload Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:37 am

+1 for PvP @ AC

Upload

Back to top Go down

Post by silverl0l Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:38 am

Ok I didn't bother reading through all of the posts here, so I'm just going to state my opinion about the current PvP-situation.

There is no PvP at the moment. Hardly any BGs running, no arenas, no nothing. It's so much easier to get gear by PvE and it still owns in PvP which doesn't make sense. Resilience has to be fixed.

I know it's a somewhat "new" server and the population isn't that high yet, but it doesn't really help when we got a 80% Horde population and noone is joining Alliance.
Example: Last night we were 5 Alliance online and 22 hordes. Yet still people were leveling new Horde characters.

On the AC PvP situation: Just because it's a PvE mall, shouldn't ruin the fun for the PvP'ers and gankers. It's a part of having an open world. I think that PvP should be allowed everywhere, except for event-spots and inside of the malls (unless its the pvp one). Open world PvE means a chance of getting your whole raid f*cked up by some gankers or whoever feels like whiping your raid.

That's why the harder PvE content is instanced, and not open-world.

silverl0l

Back to top Go down

Post by Softserve Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:09 pm

silverl0l wrote:Ok I didn't bother reading through all of the posts here, so I'm just going to state my opinion about the current PvP-situation.

There is no PvP at the moment. Hardly any BGs running, no arenas, no nothing. It's so much easier to get gear by PvE and it still owns in PvP which doesn't make sense. Resilience has to be fixed.

I know it's a somewhat "new" server and the population isn't that high yet, but it doesn't really help when we got a 80% Horde population and noone is joining Alliance.
Example: Last night we were 5 Alliance online and 22 hordes. Yet still people were leveling new Horde characters.

On the AC PvP situation: Just because it's a PvE mall, shouldn't ruin the fun for the PvP'ers and gankers. It's a part of having an open world. I think that PvP should be allowed everywhere, except for event-spots and inside of the malls (unless its the pvp one). Open world PvE means a chance of getting your whole raid f*cked up by some gankers or whoever feels like whiping your raid.

That's why the harder PvE content is instanced, and not open-world.

This is the best post I have read yet. This is a mix of what the community wants and what the server's original idea behind PvP content was. +1
Softserve
Softserve
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by McCrick Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:39 am

Pros for having AC PvP:

• More stuff to do on the server
  • More World PvP
  • Horde VS Alliance
  • Most players love AC PvP
  • Server is built around AC PvP - PvP gear is very easy to obtain

Cons for having AC PvP:

• The PvE only players, that just like to do PvE, don't like PvP at all and will complain every time they die while doing a boss

We may have a solution for this.
We are thinking about making a 1-2 max person dungeon where you can get T2 gear in an instanced environment. This instance will be much longer for you to obtain your set of gear since you will have to kill a bunch of mobs before you get to the bosses. This way it will make people want to do AC to get gear faster but also have an option to do an instanced version of AC

Last edited by McCrick on Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:09 am; edited 1 time in total
McCrick
McCrick
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaper Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:03 am

Wtb reply on my suggestions
Reaper
Reaper
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Softserve Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:08 am

Love the idea, keeps everyone happy. I can already see the massive 40 man AC runs to avoid being ganked. 3 Cheers for finding a solution.
Softserve
Softserve
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by silverl0l Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:48 am

Cons for having AC PvP:

• The PvE only players, that just like to do PvE, don't like PvP at all and will complain every time they die while doing a boss

We are thinking about making a 1-2 max person dungeon where you can get T2 gear in an instanced environment. This instance will be much longer for you to obtain your set of gear since you will have to kill a bunch of mobs before you get to the bosses. This way it will make people want to do AC to get gear faster but also have an option to do an instanced version of AC

That's the part of being on a PvP server.

What about now? All the PvP'ers complain about NO PvP and we don't have alternatives like PvE'ers do. We can't go to an instanced area to get gear, we need to farm 2-3 dailies a day to get 1/10 of what we need for ONE piece. There's no reason for PvE'ers to complain at all.

If you make them have an option the open-world PvE will die out very fast. Because who wants to risk getting their encounter ruined by some PvP'ers when they can go to a dungeon instead which is 2-man and probably much easier and faster? That won't be a fix, I'm sorry to say.

silverl0l

Back to top Go down

Post by Softserve Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:09 am

silverl0l wrote:
Cons for having AC PvP:

That's the part of being on a PvP server.

What about now? All the PvP'ers complain about NO PvP and we don't have alternatives like PvE'ers do. We can't go to an instanced area to get gear, we need to farm 2-3 dailies a day to get 1/10 of what we need for ONE piece. There's no reason for PvE'ers to complain at all.

If you make them have an option the open-world PvE will die out very fast. Because who wants to risk getting their encounter ruined by some PvP'ers when they can go to a dungeon instead which is 2-man and probably much easier and faster? That won't be a fix, I'm sorry to say.

to be fair, PvPers have had an instanced zone to farm tokens from the start. Its called a battleground. We understand it's not easy to get into one but if there are really that many pvpers then it cant be too hard to organize groups. Measures are being taken to ease the queue times, but complaining that the PvEr's have it better is complete nonsense.
Softserve
Softserve
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaper Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:26 pm

LOL

It used to require 2 horde and 2 alliance to start.the be. Now it requires 4 of both.
Reaper
Reaper
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum