Wretched-WoW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Getting Connected

4 posters

Go down

Getting Connected Empty Getting Connected

Post by gobban Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:27 pm

I'm not entirely understanding exactly how to get everything set up I think I need a 3.3.5a client and to go through those files. But even so the "patch" or whatever it is on the hells legion site just is another tab in my internet window and makes no sense and seems useless to me yet I have to put it into the files of the client? How am I suppose to do that id the "download" of it just opens another link that is just a huge ton of gibbersh characters.

gobban

Back to top Go down

Getting Connected Empty Re: Getting Connected

Post by Softserve Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:33 pm

The patch should just be a .mpq file, you don't need to click the file, just drop it in your data folder.

Download the file

show in folder

Open up your C drive

Find you Wow location (Generally in program files)

open up you World of warcraft folder

Open your data folder

Drag the patch-5.mpq file into your data folder.

Change your realmlist while you're there, delete your cache and you should be fine to log on.

Softserve
Softserve
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Quiet Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:36 pm

Its fairly easy to set up your client for the server. Basically all you need to do is get a 3.3.5a WOTLK client from a torrenting website (because for some reason they do not have one provided on the website).

Next you just need to go into the folder and go on "Data", then click on enUS (or it sometimes says enGB), then go to realm list and replace everything thats in it with:

set realmlist 62.210.38.186

The patch is fairly simple also. You just need to download it, you don't have to open the file, which is what it seems you are trying to do. Then put the downloaded file (which it should say patch-5.mpq) and put it into your data folder with the other mpq files.
Quiet
Quiet

Back to top Go down

Post by Softserve Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:39 pm

If you dont already have the client you can get the download Via torrent

>>Here<<

Just make sure you have Bittorrent, Vuze or something along those lines.

Softserve
Softserve
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by gobban Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:42 pm

Ok that clarifies part of thanks for that. But let me clarify a bit more now. What I mean with the patch download is I click download where it says or download what it says however it is and that is when the other tab with all the gibberish is opened.

gobban

Back to top Go down

Post by Softserve Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:44 pm

gobban wrote:Ok that clarifies part of thanks for that. But let me clarify a bit more now. What I mean with the patch download is I click download where it says or download what it says however it is and that is when the other tab with all the gibberish is opened.

Are you opening the mpq file? because you don't need to, just place it in the folder and you're all set.

A tab shouldn't be opening by clicking the download button on the website.
Softserve
Softserve
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by gobban Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:54 pm

Softserve wrote:
gobban wrote:Ok that clarifies part of thanks for that. But let me clarify a bit more now. What I mean with the patch download is I click download where it says or download what it says however it is and that is when the other tab with all the gibberish is opened.

Are you opening the mpq file? because you don't need to, just place it in the folder and you're all set.

I am just clicking the download button on the website and that is what it does. I will try again real fast

gobban

Back to top Go down

Post by Softserve Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:57 pm

gobban wrote:
Softserve wrote:

I am just clicking the download button on the website and that is what it does. I will try again real fast

Here << Clicking that brings up a tab rather than downloading automatically?
Softserve
Softserve
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by gobban Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:11 am

Softserve wrote:
gobban wrote:
Softserve wrote:

sure did
specifically http://62.210.38.186/patch-5.mpq

gobban

Back to top Go down

Post by Softserve Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:20 am

gobban wrote:
Softserve wrote:
gobban wrote:
Softserve wrote:

sure did
specifically http://62.210.38.186/patch-5.mpq

Which browser are you using?
Softserve
Softserve
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by gobban Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:33 am

internet explorer but ive also played other private servers and this is the first I've had issues with

gobban

Back to top Go down

Post by Softserve Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:38 am

gobban wrote:internet explorer but ive also played other private servers and this is the first I've had issues with

That's bizarre, you might want to try changing browsers to like Chrome or firefox.
Softserve
Softserve
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by gobban Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:41 am

Couldn't I just copy and paste the text into some program that could be made into the patch file for me to connect?

gobban

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaper Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:57 am

That isn't how it works.
Reaper
Reaper
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by gobban Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:17 pm

Well i downloaded google chrome and it still did the same thing and i got a pm response from one of the administrators that say it is optional and so i just went to change the realmlist of the torrent i got and it just messed up and deleted the normal realmlist because for some reason it wouldnt just save over it. So it had to be saved as a different document and as a text file not a wtf file so I will just go find a different server to play.

gobban

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaper Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:25 pm

You don't need the patch to play.
Reaper
Reaper
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Softserve Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:03 pm

gobban wrote:Well i downloaded google chrome and it still did the same thing and i got a pm response from one of the administrators that say it is optional and so i just went to change the realmlist of the torrent i got and it just messed up and deleted the normal realmlist because for some reason it wouldnt just save over it. So it had to be saved as a different document and as a text file not a wtf file so I will just go find a different server to play.

Realmlist's are supposed to be text files. Sorry we couldn't help you. Good luck friend.
Softserve
Softserve
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum