Wretched-WoW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Camel's event suggestions.

4 posters

Go down

Camel's event suggestions. Empty Camel's event suggestions.

Post by Solace Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:34 pm

So as some of you may have noticed I recently applied for event gm where I said I have a couple of event ideas. But I figured that even if I don't get the position I should post some of my ideas because I feel like the server could benefit from some more events.

Some of the events are a bit optimistic but you never know what works untill you've tried it.

Free fall aim. You create a platform way up in the sky and one close to ground level. Everyone jumps and those who hit the lower platform(and die) make it onto the next turn untill there's only three left. The three last will jump and if two of them makes it the one who misses gets third. The last two jump again, etc etc.

Scavenger hunt which requires you to go out in the world and kill certain mobs. For example you gotta get a Severed Claw which drops from just regular mobs since it is a junk item. But! With each item found you must return to the gm who will be somewhere closeby to the mall or if two gm's are available there will be one in each faction's mall.  (3 Items would be a good amount imo)

The meet 'n greet 2v2 tournament
Players must have s1 and atleast PoS weapons to join. They will be teamed up in pairs of two at "random"(will try to balance it as much as possible) and then it will proceed as a 2v2 tournament simply.

The hunger games(needs a couple of gms so there's no cheating) This would require quite some time to plan but I really do think it could turn out well. If you turn un'goro crater into a ffa pvp zone(everyone can kill everyone pretty much), wall off the outer edge of the map with either huge walls or invis walls, place out alot of sightstones so no one stays in stealth the entire time, gm's will also have to watch that and anyone found teaming will be disqualified instantly.
Okay this is how it works : Everyone is summoned to the middle on a platform above fire plume ridge, on the count of three the platform is removed and everyone is free to disperse or fight in the middle. Whenever someone gets a kill they announce it in the world chat(or general chat)    
for example say that I kill Camel I type
"I have slain Camel!" and on said que gm's will port to Camel and port him out of the area.
This will go on untill there's only one person left standing. If this is to everyones liking I'm sure the idea can be improved upon and it could probably be used several times over.

"Trash is fun!" PvE.
A team will be gathered for a pve event in say, Hyjal. Infront of them will be a wall of trash. And after that another wall of trash. The amount of trash and difficulity increases with each wall. For each wave cleared every player gets an event token. Would make it so that maximum is about 5 tokens for each player which imo is still pretty good. <- Can obv be adjusted!

(This one is sort of horrendous) Underwater HnS. Everyone who wants to participate is summoned to a coast from which they will simply enter the water and try to find a flare underwater. It can be either close to the shore or really far away and really deep. Simple as that.

Dungeon race!
Everyone who wishes to participate gets summoned outside of a dungeon and on the gm's que everyone runs inside then they must kill every boss in the instance and collect a drop which proves it then run back out to show the gm. (No hearthstone or VIP stone allowed) It's a cool idea imo but it could be hard since rogues/druids might have an advantage with their stealth and whatnot. But I think it could work well with a lowlevel dungeon.

King of the hill!
This one is simple since it's already in the game. I'm not sure the rockets work though. I have checked so the jump mechanic works though. Couldn't check the rocket since only one spawns so one of the gm's would have to spawn multiple jumpbots.
Using the Geargrinder's Jumpbot in Ymirheim(Icecrown) you gotta climb to the top and for every second you are up there you get one point, a gm will keep track of the score.
The event will go on for 5 minutes and whoever gets the most score wins.

Swim race!
Everyone gets 20 Murtliver Oil(Increases swim speed for 30 seconds with a 60 second cd from use)
Everyone starts at Rut'heran Village from which they will swim right(mapwise) untill they hit the direct east of Teldrassil where an arrow or something will mark "you swim in here to win" and whoever to first reach the designated winner land wins!
But that would make it too easy..So we're gonna go ahead and add some invisible walls along the way meaning that even if you're in the lead you can easily lose it by hitting an invisible obstacle.
All in all the race takes about 8 minutes to complete.(Without walls)

Also! Two easy ones which I've seen before but are still fun.
On the spot jump events, jump events which are built for the use of only one event and then removed once the event is over.

Race track obstacle course event. I will build like a race track with obstacles in the way(jump-event like things). Three laps is usually what I would do. Works both with mounted and unmounted.

Here are -some- of the ideas I would like try out, hope you all like them! And all the fancy colors!
(sorry for the long post!)

Last edited by Cameltoe on Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

Solace
Trial Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Camel's event suggestions. Empty Re: Camel's event suggestions.

Post by Solace Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:35 pm

Whops, forgot one I wanted to show.

Storm the fort! (Might need to wait for a higher population or scale it down to 5 players on each side and if so a smaller fort) This would need alot of prep and some modifications.
First off, you could either do it alliance vs horde, ooor if possible make Fenris isle an ffa zone. If it's an ffa zone it's easier to get more people to join and it would make it fairer.
But with ffa comes another problem, I was thinking to spawn a flag from out of wsg or something of the sorts but hopefully that can be solved by perhaps adding a flag of each faction in the keep. Obviously only one flag would be allowed to grab at a time. If the flag gets "returned" I doubt it will be possible to make it respawn there so a gm would have to be quick on adding in another one.
How it goes down. Each team will have five minutes to defend/attack and what they gotta do is get the flag out of the keep and to the island where they start. Reaching any of the tiny islands other than Fenris with the flag is a score. I was thinking if it goes well, best of three might be a good way to do it.

Solace
Trial Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post by xsxyninjax Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:38 pm

Took my scavenger hunt idea Sad

xsxyninjax

Back to top Go down

Post by Solace Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:52 pm

Did I? : o
Sorry if that's the case! Haven't read through all the suggestion posts. Smile
Edit : Silly me didn't see the sticky thread lol!
Well it isn't really the same at all. Only thing in common is the fact that it's a scavenger hunt.
Also, sorry about not posting this in the event suggestions post, silly me missed it my tired confusion scratch But I think this would be a bit much to post in a comment section but if you'd like me to remove this one and move it just say so.

Solace
Trial Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Vesael Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:08 am

Some amazing event suggestions you've got here, Camel!
I'm sure atleast some of them could be used in the (near)future Smile
Vesael
Vesael
Trial Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Frostftw Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:14 am

Hehe. Nice ones , I've never thought of them! Razz
Frostftw
Frostftw

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down