Wretched-WoW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PvP Suggestions

3 posters

Go down

PvP Suggestions Empty PvP Suggestions

Post by Zayqt Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:33 pm

I have been wanting to post a few suggestions for quite some time now. Here is a list of the few things I think would be decent to change.

1: Due to certain issues that are battleground related with the queue times, I suggest reducing the player count that is needed to register to allow the battleground to begin. Therefore more players would be willing to join since it has already begun. Also, making it like Tol Barad in cata, where only the amount of people that can join should be based on how many people are already in the battleground. For example if there are 4 people in the battleground, then there can only be 4 or 5 on the opposing team. This is so the battleground won't be stuck at the amount of players it started with. With the 5th player on one team, the other team will be able to have another person enter. So there can only be 1 more person in the battleground on either team until it reaches the cap at 10. If that doesn't make sense to any of you please ask and I'll be glad to elaborate.

2: Pvp in malls should be allowed, but without the over powered guards. There should be 2 seperate malls. The starting mall should be in AC instead of hillsbrad. The pvp malls shall be in hillsbrad where pvp is allowed. That way, the alliance can be able to enter the horde mall without having to worry so much about the guards. If people decide to pvp, then they'll head to the mall in hillsbrad.

3: Openworld arena. It would be nice to have an open world arena such as Gurubashi arena. Nagrand arena, Dire Maul arena, etc. This would allow the people that are waiting for battlegrounds to pvp without having to be inside of it. With this you can exclude suggestion number 2 and leave it as is. The people that are wanting to pvp in general will probably spend most of their time in these arenas. If it is possible, please add one of these suggested into the teleporter menu.

These are all my suggestions. Please take them into consideration. Thank you.

Zayqt

Back to top Go down

PvP Suggestions Empty Re: PvP Suggestions

Post by Venom Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:08 pm

Concerning your first suggestion, the required queue amount is where it's at so it doesn't become unbalanced right off the bat. And even if 6 on each side join in, three on one side could leave and it would be 6 versus 3. I believe any issues with BG queues will be fixed if CFBGs are ever added into the server.

Regarding number two, people sit in the Hillsbrad malls because those were the original malls. The reason the guards are there is because no one wants to be killed why trying to set up a spec, gem, etc. That's why they go out of the mall if they want to really pvp or do 1v1s. I personally believe the guards should stay.

Now, number three. It would be nice if there was a port option in the teleporter, but you can always use the flight master to take a flight to STV and run to Guru. Flights are instant.

In conclusion and in my opinion, nothing needs to be changed except adding in tele loctions for the pvp arenas and adding in CFBGs. 

Venom

Back to top Go down

Post by Zayqt Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:32 pm

People are lazy and wouldn't decide doing all that just to fly to stv. The thing with battlegrounds is to actually get them to start, even if they're actually unbalanced. Also, you can make it so that horde and allies are able to be on the same teams so they'll be less likely to leave the battleground since allies have most of the pvpers. As for the mall, I was thinking you could place the startup mall somewhere else since there is one in ac as well. And I'm not saying remove the guards completely. Just remove the overpowered ones so that the pvpers can pvp. Other than that, I really don't see the point in having breakable walls whoevers idea that was. Going back to suggestion one, when people see the battleground have popped, they'll be more likely to join. But you don't seem to understand what I'm saying about the tol barad reference. Either way, bgs are always going to be unbalanced in some aspect. I highly doubt they're going to be able to balance it out completely. We might not ever have bgs then. I'm just suggesting this so that the server can have more things to do. It's getting pretty boring for the pvpers.

Zayqt

Back to top Go down

Post by Softserve Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:04 pm

Zayqt wrote:1: Due to certain issues that are battleground related with the queue times, I suggest reducing the player count that is needed to register to allow the battleground to begin. Therefore more players would be willing to join since it has already begun. Also, making it like Tol Barad in cata, where only the amount of people that can join should be based on how many people are already in the battleground. For example if there are 4 people in the battleground, then there can only be 4 or 5 on the opposing team. This is so the battleground won't be stuck at the amount of players it started with. With the 5th player on one team, the other team will be able to have another person enter. So there can only be 1 more person in the battleground on either team until it reaches the cap at 10. If that doesn't make sense to any of you please ask and I'll be glad to elaborate.

Excellent suggestion, I believe at the moment the required player count on each side is 5 or 6, lowering this down to 3-4 and making it cross faction would increase Battleground attendance by a huge amount. On another note Zayqt, this has been something the staff has been discussing for a while now and we are working out the kinks.

Zayqt wrote:2: Pvp in malls should be allowed, but without the over powered guards. There should be 2 seperate malls. The starting mall should be in AC instead of hillsbrad. The pvp malls shall be in hillsbrad where pvp is allowed. That way, the alliance can be able to enter the horde mall without having to worry so much about the guards. If people decide to pvp, then they'll head to the mall in hillsbrad.

I believe the AC malls should just be removed all together, we should go back to the Hell's Legion crossfaction mall (Sanctuary) and keep the two current PvP malls where they are.
"But then no one will go to the PvP malls".... That's why we would continue to add new world bosses outside of the PvP malls rather than the sanctuary or PvE mall.

Zayqt wrote:3: Openworld arena. It would be nice to have an open world arena such as Gurubashi arena. Nagrand arena, Dire Maul arena, etc. This would allow the people that are waiting for battlegrounds to pvp without having to be inside of it. With this you can exclude suggestion number 2 and leave it as is. The people that are wanting to pvp in general will probably spend most of their time in these arenas. If it is possible, please add one of these suggested into the teleporter menu.

Adding these locations to the teleporter is an extremely easy task, this shouldn't be a problem at all, and I completely support it.

Excellent suggestions Zayqt! I would love to hear some more.

Softserve
Softserve
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Zayqt Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:44 pm

Thank you soft, everything you just said would be nice to have added. Also, thank you for agreeing.

Zayqt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down